Thread Prompt 1: watch for media presentations that use some kind of research as part of the presentation. This could be television, radio, internet, a live presentation, or some other kind of presentation. This part of the assignment is designed to help you realize how often research concepts are presented in everyday life. Do not use fictional sources.
Word Count 250
1. Describe the presentation you saw or heard during the preparation phase of the assignment.
2. Critique the presentation from the perspective of research methodology. Identify at least 3 issues/features that relate to research. Use any of the research concepts from the textbook, presentations, or other course discussion.
3. Create your own appropriately worded heading (use proper levels of headings) to introduce the kinds of issues/features that you critique.
4. List the appropriately formatted citation and reference for your source.
Here are examples of the kinds of issues/features you might critique:
· What was the question being answered or addressed by this research report?
· What method or methods were used to address/answer the research question?
· How appropriate and effective the methods seem to be.
· Are there legal concerns?
· Are there ethical concerns?
· Is the research report intended to be generalized? If so, can these results be appropriately generalized to a broader population?
· Are there issues related to validity or reliability, and if so, how are these issues addressed?
· Any other issues that you would like to address.
· You do not need to write about all of the examples above; this list is to give you an idea as to how to begin. You may also write about other issues as well.