Write a Research Paper discussing an aspect of military mental health issues (including spiritual factors) from the list below. Provide more than just a secular viewpoint or spiritual perspective. Balance the paper with both a biblical worldview and theoretical perspectives. Integrate them using journal articles or book chapters on the topics as sources. Cite everything. The references submitted for the Reference List in Module/Week 4 must be included in this assignment as well.
Make sure that every issue is examined as related to military personnel. If you wish to use a related topic that is not shown here, you must seek and receive permission by the instructor by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 2.
- PTSD as a result of military service (non-combat causation)
- Combat-related PTSD
- Negative coping behaviors related to PTSD in the military (self-mutilation, eating disorders, sex addiction, gambling, suicide, extreme risk-taking behavior, alcohol abuse, abuse of illegal drugs, abuse of prescription and/or legal drugs). The addressed behavior must be linked to military personnel for a majority of the paper.
- Military service-related depression
- TBI from military service-related causation
- Military family mental health issues
Military mental health issues caused by isolation and alienation (families that have a service member deployed; a service member unable to be or feel accepted in his/her unit; the effect of frequent relocation on military spouse and dependents, etc.)
- Military sexual trauma
- Women in the military (mental health issues excluding military sexual trauma)
· As expected in a 400-level class, APA style and grammar will be graded very strictly. Proofread carefully before submitting.
· It is very important to cite any information taken from an outside source. Plagiarism is defined as passing off someone else’s work as your own and it is a serious academic offense. Papers are submitted through SafeAssign to check for the proper citing of sources. You may submit a draft version to check your score, then redo and submit. Plagiarizing your paper will result minimally in failure of the assignment and can also result in automatic failure of the course with academic discipline. Make sure that all work is your own or is cited appropriately.
· Points will be taken off if the body of the Research Paper is below 10 pages or exceeds 12 pages (excluding the title page, abstract, and references).
· Include at least 12 current references (within the last 10 years). Points will be deducted for each missing current reference. The Bible and the course texts may be cited, but will not count toward the 12 required references.
· Follow the most current edition of APA style.
· The Research Paper will be graded on thoroughness, content, and use of theoretical material and integration of biblical perspective.