You own University Heights Apartments, a business that rents primarily to students. One evening, your tenant Sharon is attacked by an intruder who forces the lock on the sliding glass door of her ground-floor apartment. Sharon's screams attract the attention of Darryl, your resident manager, who comes to Sharon's aid. Together, Darryl and Sharon drive the intruder off, but not before they both are badly cut by the intruder.
Write a paper of 700- to 1,050-words answering the questions posed by this scenario.
- Is the intruder liable for damages resulting from the attack? Why or why not?
- Do you have legal responsibilities for Sharon and Darryl? Why or why not?
- Do you have ethical responsibilities to Sharon and Darryl? Explain. If there are ethical responsibilities, what are they?
- What should you do to prevent or mitigate such risks?
- At least 3-5 APA references, which should include the text and 3 peer-reviewed documents. Students are encouraged to cite the relevant weekly book readings.
Please include this reference
Pagnattaro, MA, Cahoy, DR, Magid, JM, Reed, OL, & Shedd, PJ (2016). The legal and regulatory environment of business (17th ed.). New York, New York: McGraw-Hill Education. Course Text
Order a similar Law essay at an affordable price- Click Order Now