Format: At least 4 pages and no more than 5 not counting the cover page and reference page, cover page which includes, name, title, date, etc. (None of that information should appear in on the first page of the text), 12 pt. Times New Roman Font, double spaced with 1-inch margins, stapled, and reference page are required. Proofread your paper before it is turned in.
Instructions: For this writing assignment, you must pick a political ideology that most closely resembles your own. The ideology should be either conservatism, liberalism, libertarianism, or social democracy. This ideology probably will not be a 100% fit with your own views and that is ok.
1) After you have found the ideology you will define and describe the ideology in your own words.
2) If you do not agree 100% percent with the ideology how do you differ?
3) What in your life has influenced your beliefs? Is it religious, family, core values, etc.? Tell me some life experiences, what your parents’ beliefs are like, do they vote, do you? How does your religion, friends, co-workers influence your political beliefs and behaviors?
4) How does this ideology shape your opinion on some issues of our day? This is not a persuasive or argumentative question. I want you to tell me how your opinion is connected with the tenets of the ideology. You must provide at least 1 issue. Try not to use any sources for this. I want to see how you can apply an ideology to issues. Topics cannot be abortion, legalization of drugs, death penalty, or gay rights.
5) Is your ideology reflected in the two major political parties in the United States? Describe how.
Do not use Wikipedia or other low-quality sources. Sites like EHow, answers.com, and studentnewsdaily.com are not college level sources.
Remember, do not plagiarize.