SBM4104 IT Infrastructure
Assignment 2: Proposal
Propose an IT Infrastructure Design Solution for ITech Company
Type: Week 10
Practical exercises assess students' ability to apply theoretical learning to practical, real world situations. This is an individual assignment that each student must design and configure in an IT infrastructure solution for a small organization.
A hard copy report of approximately 2500 must be provided to present your proposed ideas. The report must satisfy specific criteria The Following:
1. Demonstrate ability to plan, locate information using the Internet, Organizations and publications and analyze this information.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of IT infrastructure and design to network using buildingblock approach.
3. Simulate and configure network devices as one step towards network implementation and testing.
4. Demonstrate the ability to determine cloud base services that suit enterprise requirements.
A software development company, iTech has a 900-computer network. The company is located in three adjacent five-story buildings in an office park, with about 300 computers in each building. The LAN in each building is similar, but one building-data center building (DCB) has data center on the second floor. The data center provides web and email services to the enterprise employee. In addition, it provides dynamic IP assign, share file and DNS services. The domain name of the company is: www. iTech.org.au. The current network is poorly designed for its current needs and must be completely replaced.
The head of the IT department wants to get two design proposals of the new network. The first design considers the dedicated servers by hosting the iTech servers within its buildings. While the cloud hosting is considered in the second design.
Develop a logical design for the DCB of this enterprise campus. Your design must demonstrate a detailed logical design based on three-layers hierarchal model. The design should include the set of required servers, network devices, and connection with justification and supported diagrams. You have to make some assumptions with the required justifications for your design.
Prepare the report to propose a network design for the iTech company. Use the building-block approach to designing the network for the company. Your proposal design shouldnt consider the followings:
I. Using dedicated server design
1. Developing logical network design que includes the geographical scope of the network and the categorization of current and future network needs of the various network segments, users, and applications.
2. Develop a detailed logical design based on three-layers hierarchal model. The design should include the set of required network devices and servers, with the justification.
3. Specify the IP addresses, subnet masks to the various networks and control the process by which IP addresses are assigned to individual clients and servers.
4. Use network simulator (Cisco Packet Tracer) to simulate part of the DCB network. The simulation scenario should include the access layer devices, web server, DHCP, and DNS. Your scenario should demonstrate how the client computers dynamically obtained IP network configuration including IP, DNS, and default gateway addresses. In addition, you have to demonstrate how the client accessing the web server.
II. Using Cloud hosting design:
Propose two organizations that provides Cloud services for hosting the DCB servers. Justify your answer by explaining the level of services each company provides that suit the iTech requirements.
You have to make some assumptions with the required justifications for your design.
The proposal should be organized using the following headings and guidelines:
1. A Cover Title Page
a. Should clearly define the aims and objectives of the project in the report
b. Explain what will be covered in the report
c. Organization description.
3. Discussion on IT infrastructure components required.
4. The three-layer hierarchal model
b. Analyze the current and future iTech IT Infrastructure requirements.
w. Geographical scope of the network.
d. Discussion on the possibility of scaling the iTech network.
5. Dedicated server design proposal
a. Identify all the services and servers required.
B. Propose logical design supported with diagrams and justification.
w. List of IP addresses and network mask for all networks.
6. Cloud based design proposal
a. Identification of two cloud service organizations with justification
b. List of services the organization provides that suit the iTech network design requirements.
7. Network simulation.
The. Access layer diagram including web, DHCP, and DNS servers.
B. DHCP configuration.
w. DNS and web servers configurations.
d. Demonstration and explanation how the clients dynamically obtain network configuration and accessing web server with the domain: www. iTech.org.au.
8. Conclusions and Recommendations
SBM4104 IT Infrastructure
Semester 2, 2017
Student Name: ___________________ Student ID: ___________________
Assessment Criteria HD
Good C Good F Poor Marks Obtained
Relevance to the topic (20%)
– Business / organization description.
– Identify IT infrastructure components.
Critical analysis (20%)
– Analyze the current and future business / organization IT Infrastructure requirements.
– Analyze and plan for applications scaling.
– Identify all the services and servers required.
– Propose logical design supported with diagrams and justification.
– Consider Cloud.
Extent of reading and simulation (10%)
– The proposed solution supported with satisfactory coverage of simulation relevant to the tasks requirements.
Logical structure (20%)
– The introduction is appropriate to the type and format of the response and clearly outlines the focus.
– The body of the response is well structured, with appropriate sections / paragraphs.
– The conclusion is appropriate and summarizing the key ideas.
Writing style / grammar and
– There is no spelling or typing errors.
– Key ideas from the literature are effectively paraphrased and / or quoted.
– In-text citations and direct quotes follow referencing guide rules (correct and complete) – Reference list appropriately compiled.
NEED A SIMILAR PAPER? CLICK ORDER NOW AND GET THE BEST WRITER