HSC 0003,Introduction to Health Care
Health Care Career Report
Write a report on a health care occupation that you are interested in researching from the nursing
or health sciences /allied health areas. This report is not designed for physicians or dentists.
Students are recommended to use the APA style Microsoft Word Template.
1. Body of paper must be 3 – 5 pages with a separate cover page and reference page. There
will not be an abstract.
2. The report is to be typed, neat, and well organized, double spaced, using 12-point font size
and 1 inch margins using the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th ed format.
3. There is an APA style Microsoft Word Template available online at the MDC Library
4. Use correct spelling and grammar, copying and pasting material into papers is not
acceptable and is considered plagiarism.
5. Include a minimum of six different sources of information (books, professional journal
articles, electronic sources, websites, etc.).
6. Indicate the exact source of the specific information presented, citing all references
appropriately using APA format. Wikipedia is not acceptable as a reference
7. There are five areas of the health care career that you will be writing about: I. Job
Description; II. Education and Certification; III. Employment; IV. Professional Activities;
and a V. Conclusion / Reflection.
Health Care Career Report Instructions
There will be a cover, body of the report, and reference page. (no abstract or introduction)
I. Job Description
Describe the care/service provided by the healthcare professional List professional
certification or registration required (specific details will be in Section II)
II. Education and Certification
What are the educational requirements for the profession / occupation. Different types of
educational institutions offering the program. What is the exact length of time and approximate
cost of the education required? List degrees or certifications earned.
Job availability (what and where?) Growth trends in the field Number of jobs advertised
in the Sunday Herald, Salary.com and other sources. Experience/No Experience required.
Salaries – Entry level and with experience. Advancement opportunities, with or without
IV. Professional Activities
Local/State/National Professional Organizations (cost to join as a student) Professional
journals with address to obtain and cost. Is continuing education available and expected in the
profession / occupation. Are continuing educational units (CEUs) required for this profession?
If so how many and how often?
V. Conclusion / Reflection
Reflect on how you see yourself “fitting” into this profession. What did you discover in
your exploration of this healthcare field? What did you find meaningful and important to you?
Do you need a similar paper or answer? Chat with us or Click on Order Now