Nursing Electronic Documentation and Receiving Verbal Orders from Doctors
Nursing Electronic Documentation and two for Receiving Verbal Orders from Doctors.
Two Per Page and single spaced because its going in discussion board.
Attached I have a rubric and example of format (two per page / 4 double spaced pages)
The Journal/Annotated Bibliography assignment is a self directed and reflective exercise derived of self-selected topics from module 2, Westrick Chapters 11-25
This assignment consists of two parts for each topic selected, to besubmitted as one document in the dropbox:
• two annotated bibliographies related to each topic you've chosen and
Select TWO chapters, from the module readings and complete a search of scholarly nursing literature (not websites) pertaining to these topics which you would like to pursue further explanation or pursuit of knowledge.
If you are unsure of what constitutes a scholarly nursing journal or a critical annotated bibliography review the library and writing resources in the "Begin Here" section.
Guidelines on how to write an analytical or critical annotation.
An annotated bibliography is an organized list of sources followed by a paragraph length annotation, 150–200 words in length. The purpose of this analytical or critical annotated bibliography assignment is to demonstrate the research you have performed on a particular topic.
An analytical or critical annotation not only summarizes the material, it analyzes what is being said. It examines the strengths and weaknesses of what is presented as well as describing the applicability of the author's conclusions to the research being conducted.
Breeding evil. (2005, August 6). Economist, 376(8438), 9. Retrieved from http://www.economist.com
This editorial from the Economist describes the controversy surrounding video games and the effect they have on people who use them. The article points out that most critics of gaming are people over 40 and it is an issue of age not of the games themselves. While the author briefly mentions studies done around the issue of violence and gaming, he does not go into enough depth for the reader to truly know the range of studies that have actually been done in this area, other than to take his word that the research is unsatisfactory. The author of this article stresses the age factor over violence as the real reason for opposition to video games and stresses the good gaming has done in most areas of human life. This article is a good resource for those wanting to begin to explore the controversy surrounding video games, however for anyone doing serious research, one should actually examine some of the research studies that have been done in this area rather than simply take the author's word that opposition to video games is simply due to an issue of generational divide.
Pay attention to the last sentence. It criticizes the authors’ research.
To get started
• Choose your sources – Before writing your annotated bibliography, you must choose your sources. This involves doing research much like for any other project. Locate records to materials that may apply to your topic. You are to search current (<5 years) scholarly nursing literature.
• Review the items – Then review the actual items and choose those that provide a wide variety of perspectives on your topic. Article abstracts are helpful in this process.
• Write the citation and annotation – When writing your annotation, the complete citation should always come first and the annotation follows. Arrange the annotated bibliographies alphabetically. You will want to include:
1. The purpose of the work 2. A summary of its content 3. For what type of audience the work is written 4. The relevance of the topic 5. Any special or unique features about the material 6. The strengths, weaknesses or biases in the material
Guidelines for formatting the citations / references
Remember, the citations themselves must be formatted properly. Always double check yourself and do not assume the example or another's work is correct – YOU are responsible for what you turn in.