Choose one of the topics listed below. Research the history, problems, arguments, examples, causes and impacts considering the issue/topic. Write a persuasive/reflective essay supporting your point of view or position.
1. Robots in Society and the End of Manual Labour for Humans
2. Artificial Intelligence and its Threat to Humanity
3. The Increasing Gap Between the Wealthy and the Poor
4. Living Forever (Extending Life Expectancy to Millennia)
5. The End of Religion in Western Style Democracies
The assignment should be presented as follows:
• Font/Font Size: Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri or Sans Serif /12, Regular
• Margin: (Left, Right, Top and Bottom) 2.54 cm
• Page Numbers: Yes
• Line Spacing: 1.5
• Paragraph Style: Justified
• File Format: PDF
• File Name: Student Name, Student ID, Assessment No.
The following is an example of the essay structure:
a. Hook: a sentence that grabs the reader’s attention
b. History/background: What is the issue at hand? Who cares? Where is the issue prevalent? Why is it important?
c. Thesis statement: last sentence of your introduction where you clearly state your position/point of view on the topics and provide an overarching reason.
II. Your Argument
a. Claim 1 (can use opportunity to refute opposition’s argument along the way)
• Evidence 1a—statistics, examples, testimony
• Evidence 1b—statistics, examples, testimony
b. Claim 2
• Evidence 2a—statistics, examples, testimony
• Evidence 2b—statistics, examples, testimony
c. Claim 3
• Evidence 3a—statistics, examples, testimony
• Evidence 3b—statistics, examples, testimony
III. Oppositions Argument or Position
a. Opposing view 1
• Refutation 1
b. Opposing view 2
• Refutation 2
a. Restate the importance of the issue
b. Paint the picture of the world if your plan IS or IS NOT implemented
An assessment item submitted after the assessment due date, without an approved extension or without approved mitigating circumstance, will suffer a late submission penalty. The late submission penalty is a reduction of the mark allocated for the assessment item by 5% per day (or part thereof) of the total marks available for the assessment item as indicated in the Unit Outline. A ‘day’ for this purpose is defined as any day of the week including weekends. Assignments submitted later than one (1) week after the due date will not be accepted. Extensions to assignment deadlines based on mitigating circumstances shall be at the discretion of the Executive Dean, and should be granted in writing by completing the Extension of Assessment Item Request Form with appropriate documentation. Mitigating circumstances are circumstances outside of the student’s control that have had an adverse effect on the student’s work or ability to work. A Request is not automatically approved, and lecturer and/ or Executive Dean will inform the student in writing of the outcome of their Request.
Need a similar essay? click Order Now and get a qualified writer to deliver top-notch essays