1. Should different types of rape receive different legal sanctions? For example, should someone who rapes a stranger be punished more severely than someone who is convicted of marital rape or date rape? If your answer is yes, do you also think that someone who kills a stranger should be more severely punished than someone who kills his wife or girlfriend?
2. Is there a subculture of violence in your home city or town? If so, how would you describe its environment and values?
3. There have been significant changes in rape laws regarding issues such as corroboration and shield laws. What other measures would you take to protect the victims of rape when they are forced to testify in court? Should the names of rape victims be published in the press? Do they deserve more protection than those accused of rape?
4. Should hate crimes be punished more severely than crimes motivated by greed, anger, or revenge? Why should crimes be distinguished by the motivations of the perpetrator? Is hate a more heinous motivation than revenge?
5. Do you believe that murder is an interactive event? If so, does that amount to “blaming the victim”? If there is a murder transaction, should we not consider rape, domestic assault, and so forth as “transactions”?
Need a similar essay? Click order now and get a qualified writer- High-quality papers at affordable rates!!!