• The following is a list of literary elements along with their definitions and examples. Some terms you are familiar with; others may be new. You may use the Internet, grammar books and your teacher ☺.
• Your first mission is to FIND 2 examples of each of these literary elements within your novel. You will write the entire sentence that uses the literary element then underline or highlight the aspect of the sentence that represents the literary element. Include the page #.
• Your second mission is to CREATE 2 original (different words) examples of each of the following literary elements.
• Each completed term is worth 25 points (4 completed terms equal 100 points)
1. Adjectives- Describing words that modify nouns and pronouns.
Book Ex #1: The large car glistened in the summer evening. (p6)
Book Ex #2: The tasty food sat at the round table. (p91)
My Ex #1: I found the shiny pebble tucked just beneath the softened surface.
My Ex #2: She ran into the golden sunshine and released into freedom her long flowing locks.
2. Noun- Person, place, thing or idea
Book Ex #1: “’Meanwhile, I want to ask you to do something,’ said the wise man, handing the boy a teaspoon that held two drops of oil. (p33)
Book Ex #2: Rather than finding a saintly man, though, our hero, on entering the main room of the castle, saw a hive of activity… (p33)
My Ex #1: Happiness is what inspires me to live life.
My Ex #2: The cake was delicious, but I think I enjoyed licking the spoon more!
3. Pronoun- a word that substitutes for a noun or a noun phrase
Book Ex #1: He really was a king! (p32)
Book Ex #2: In his pouch, he had his jacket—he certainly wasn’t going to need it in the desert. (p48)
My Ex #1: She is smelling it now.
My Ex #2: He is going to the school to pick them up.
4. Adverbs- a word that modifies a verb, an adjective, another adverb, or a sentence, e.g. "happily," "very," or.
Book Ex #1: The large car drove cautiously in the rain. (p6)
Book Ex #2: I was very happy about the news. (p91)
My Ex #1: Wearily, she plopped down on the sofa.
My Ex #2: He threw the ball mightily.
Do you need a similar essay? Click order now and get a special offer- up to 15% discounts!!!