1. Download the data file Dams.docx from the Course Resources folder of the Start Here section. Also, you can download the same file from here too if that is easier for you, then save the document as EmbankmentDams.
2. Select the first paragraph and apply the Title Style.
3. Apply the Heading 1 Quick Style to the following paragraphs: History, Overview, Aswan Dam, Dams of the Missouri River, Largest Embankment Dam: Itapu Dam, and Problems.
4. Apply the Heading 2 Quick Style to the following paragraphs: Types of Dams, First Dam of the Missouri River: Fort Peck, Dams That Followed the Fort Peck Dam, and Construction.
5. Apply the Heading 3 Quick Style to the following paragraphs: Slope and Permeability.
6. In the Design tab / Themes group, change the theme to the Dividend Theme.
7. Change the theme colors to the Red Orange theme colors, and then change theme fonts to the Calibri fonts.
8. In the Design tab, Document Formatting group, Change the style set to Lines (Distinctive) style set.
9. Promote the Types of Dams heading to Level 1 heading, and then select and move the History heading down to the Types of Dams heading.
10. Promote the Construction heading and its subheadings one level so that the Construction heading is a Level 1 heading. Then move the Construction heading and its subheadings up to precede the Dams on the Missouri River Heading.
11. Create a new paragraph before the last paragraph in the document, type Conclusion, and then promote this paragraph to Level 1 heading.
12. Change the document margins to 1 "Top, Bottom, Left, and Right.
13. At the end of the document, create a manual page break to create a new blank page 5.
14. Use the Plain Number 3 style to insert a page number in the top right corner of every page.
15. Position the insertion point to the left of the page number in the header of page 2, left-align the paragraph, type your name follow by: "these are the rest of the pages", and then add two tab characters to move the page number back to the right Tab stop in the header.
16. Position the insertion point to the left of the page number in the header of page 1, left-align the paragraph, type your name follow by: "this is the header of page one", and then add two tab characters to move the page number back to the right Tab stop in the header.
17. Insert the Slice footer that is in the Footer gallery. In the Company content control, type your course name.
18. In the References tab / Citations & Bibliography group / Bibliography Style selection menu, make sure to change the style for citations and the list of works to the APA style Sixth Edition.
19. On page 1, in the first paragraph under the heading heading, using Insert Citation control / Add New Source first, select the highlighted text [citation], and then insert the following citation:
Type of Source: Book
Author: RL Warren
Title : Dam Building Deconstructed
Publisher: Anston Press
20. On page 2, in the first paragraph under the Aswan Dam heading, using Insert Citation control / Add New Source first, select the highlighted text [citation] with The Following citation:
Type of Source: Web Site
Name of web page: Modern Dams
Name of Web Site: The Science of Building
Month Accessed: June
Day Accessed: 4
URL: http: //www.scienceof building.org/dams/modern.html
21. On page 4, replace the highlighted text [ citation] with a citation to Dam Building Deconstructed by RL Warren.
22. On page 5, generate a list of works cited using the built-in Bibliography style.
23. Using Insert Citation control create the following source without inserting a citation to it:
Type of Source: Book
Author: Mark Crawford
Title: Dams on the Missouri
City: New York
Publisher: Messier Publishing
24. Save and close the document and upload it to be reviewed
Need a similar essay? click ORDER NOW and claim a special bonus- Up To 15% Discounts!!!