Begin to evaluate and compile scholarly sources for the Courts-Related Annotated Bibliography and Research Paper.
Video – Movie Review/Analysis Paper: Select a movie that focuses on the Courtroom Workgroup in the Criminal Justice System. The Media Review/Analysis is due at the end of this week, Week 2. Read the assignment guidelines and grading rubric in the Course Resources and below. Please submit your paper to the 2 SafeAssigns. The required SafeAssign is the final submission link to use.
Media Review and Analysis Guidelines
Similar to a Book Review, the Media Review and Analysis seeks to provide a thorough, yet interesting accounting of a motion picture, news report, television show, video production, or internet production. The Media Review and Analysis is reflective in nature and takes into consideration the following:
1. The Main Purpose (message) of the Media.
2. How well the Purpose (message) is delivered.
3. A Comparison with factual information (i.e., theories, case studies, concepts) provided during course lectures, text and journal readings, and discussions.
The Media Review requires that the author provide the following information in an effort to convey a clear, concise, and useful guide that demonstrates the author’s understanding of the Media.
1. Summary of the Media.
2. A review of the Strengths of the Media.
3. A review of the Weaknesses of the Media.
4. Suggestions of Elements, if added or deleted, that might enhance and improve the message of the Media (i.e. eliminate useless scenes of sex and violence, that do not add to the Media’s purpose).
5. Citations from at least two (2) other sources (i.e., theories, case studies, concepts) provided during course lectures, text and journal readings, and discussions.
Length and Format of the Media Review:
The Media Review must follow the basic guidelines, format, and style of the American Psychological Association (APA), including a cover page (same as for research papers), in-text citations, and a reference page. The document’s length may vary, depending upon the length of the media being reviewed and the depth of review, specified by the Instructor. Generally, the length is between 3-5 typed (double-spaced, numbered) pages, with one (1) inch margins all around.
The Media Review Cover Page includes:
1. Type of Media (i.e., motion picture, news report, television show, video production, or internet production).
2. Title of Media.
3. Year Produced.
4. Name of the Producer(s).
5. Name of the Director(s).
• Media Review meets APA/Graduate School standards.
• Paper is organized; each paragraph flows logically into the next paragraph.
• Appropriate terminology it used; writing is clear and concise.
• Proper spelling and grammar is used; sentences are properly constructed.
• Title page includes type of media, title, year produced, name of producer(s), and director(s).
• Length of the paper is 3-5 pages.
• A brief summary of the media is provided; the main purpose of the media is discussed.
• The review includes a discussion of the main purpose (message) of the media and how well the purpose (message) was delivered.
• Strengths and weaknesses of the media are discussed in detail; specific examples are included.
• The review included a detailed discussion of suggestions of elements, if added or deleted, that might enhance and improve the message of the Media (i.e. eliminate useless scenes of sex, violence, that do not add to the Media’s purpose) and includes a comparison with factual information.
• Citations from at least two (2) other sources (i.e., theories, case studies, concepts) are provided in order to underscore the major points discussed in the review.
Week 2 Written Assignment Rubric (Media Review and Analysis)
___/20: Writing/format/title page/length.
___/25: Strengths and Weaknesses.
___/25: Suggestions and Comparisons.
___/10: Citations from 2 sources.
Suggested Media Review Format:
Summary and Purpose
Strengths and Weaknesses
Suggestions and Comparisons
Need a similar essay/paper? Click Order Now and fill in your requirements. Get high-quality papers at affordable prices- Up To 15% Discounts!!!