Stories are everywhere. They are the basis of our nightly news, our conversations at the dinner table or on the phone, and the articles we read in our local newspaper. Children are immersed in stories just as we are, and this immersion is what helps even the very young become motivated to learn to read. Section 7.2(SEE ATTACHED FILE) of the course text discusses the importance of storytelling in this process. Through storytelling children can learn how to make sense of their world and begin to understand that we care about them (Coats, 2013). For this post, you will be showing the necessary steps involved in effective storytelling.
After choosing a story to read to a preschool class, discuss the following elements: ALL THE ELEMENTS MUST BE FULLY ADDRESSED!
· The title and author of your chosen story
· Why you selected that particular story
· The steps you will take to prepare your story for telling
· Things to consider while performing the story
· How you will model good storytelling to your students
· The specific culminating questions you might ask once you have finished the story
· Which of the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for grade level K-5 (pg. 11) might be a focus for this lesson, and why?
For this post, you can write a 200- to 300-word post describing each element above. Be sure to post all necessary links and/or text, and address all of the elements.
Need similar work done? Click Order Now and Fill your assignment details- Up to 15% Discount offer!!!