No writing is allowed in the examination booklet during reading time, however notes may be made on the scribble paper provided.
· This is a closed book theory examination, no notes are permitted.
· Write your answers in the examination booklet provided.
· All material, that is, this examination paper, examination booklets and scribble paper must be handed to the examiners prior to leaving the examination room.
· Language translation or English dictionaries are permitted.
· Electronic Dictionaries and calculators are not permitted.
THIS EXAM IS WORTH 45% OF YOUR FINAL GRADE
ANSWER FIVE QUESTIONS FROM THE FOLLOWING SIX QUESTIONS
Each worth 20% 5 x 20 = 100
· Explain how the “new style” of WHS laws (as recommended by Lord Roben’s) has made it easier and in some cases harder for employers to comply with these laws? Is it the same for all employers? Discuss with reference to the features of the new style laws.
Injury management- Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation
· You are the WHS manager of a large bank, registered with Workcover. Yesterday Joan injured here back lifting heavy boxes at work.. She is a bank teller and her work involves giving advice to customers, filing and using the computer system. Her medical certificate states she is fit for “light duties only- 6 hours a day, no lifting over 3 kilograms”. What are Joan’s obligations, what are the employer’s obligations? Detail your next course of action as the WHS/Injury manager.
Systematic management of safety
· You have been given a new management position and have been asked to consider developing a safety management system. Discuss how planning and measuring are important features of that system and what types of measures should be used.
Costs of OHS, legal requirements, enforcement penalties
Justification for managing OHS
· Recently Harry started up a new transport business. It is thriving and he is about to employ 10 more workers. Explain to him, with particular reference to his legal obligations (particularly the potential penalties), as well as other costs, why he should make an effort to manage WHS in his business.
Enforcement of WHS laws
· If you were made responsible for WHS enforcement in your jurisdiction describe the styles of enforcement and the particular strategies would you employ and why?
· You have just been employed as the WHS Manager of a large organisation. Explain to your management colleagues why worker consultation and participation is important for improved WHS.
Need a similar essay? Click Order Now And Get A Special Bonus- Up To 15% Discount Offer!!!