Read Case 4- 2 ECCO A/S — Global Value Chain Management
The purpose of this case is to challenge you to sort through a relatively large amount of information to find solutions.
Read Chapter 4
Review Chapter 4 PowerPoint Presentation in Doc Sharing
Use information in the chapter and standard analytical techniques and models from strategy (Porter’s Value Chain, 5 Forces, SWOT, and VRIO ) and other relevant resources to answer the following questions.
- Describe the competitive environment of ECCO and determine how well ECCO is positioned (vis-a-vis the competitors) to take advantage of changes in the industry.
- Analyze ECCO’s global value chain. How well does this configuration match the drivers in the industry?
- ECCO has a fully integrated vertical value chain. What are the pros and cons of this strategy? What economic and strategic factors should be analyzed to answer this question? (insert a document)
- Is ECCO following the inside-out or outside-in strategic perspective? What are the implications of this choice and how can ECCO increase their sales/marketing efforts?
- How is family ownership affecting ECCO? Comment on the corporate ownership structure and its implications for strategy-making and implementation. What alternatives exist?
Need a similar essay? Click Order Now And Get A Special Bonus- Up To 15% Discount Offer!!!