American History in Video Research: Part I Instructions
Statement of Purpose or “Why Am I Doing This?”
The ability to perform solid research is a key to success in academics and professional life. Historical programming is a popular method of introducing individuals to the past in a way that is interesting and visually appealing. While not always the standard method of acquiring knowledge, historical programming can provide an overview of a topic that stimulates further research. In the academic realm, one of the most difficult tasks is to find and narrow a topic to a manageable level. This part of the assignment will utilize historical programming to provide students with an overview of an area of interest that will be used to drive the topic selection process and initiate research.
Completing This Assignment:
· Go to the American History in Video Research Project Playlist located on the American History in Video database in the JFL collection: https://ezproxy.liberty.edu/login?url=https://search.alexanderstreet.com/view/playlist/521225.
· Choose 1 video from the approved playlist (your video must come from this list).
· View the complete video of your choice––all are less than 90 minutes in length––and take a few basic outline notes to help with the next step.
· From the material covered in your selected video, choose 1 specific person, event, or idea as a topic of research for your project.
· Using the American History in Video Research Project: Part I Template, write a 1-page summary and response using the following format:
o Paragraph 1: Introduction to the video, including any prior knowledge of the topic and reason for your interest
o Paragraph 2: Summary of the main points covered in the video. Be sure to be concise to keep within the requirements of the assignment. Too much detail will make your paragraph very long.
o Paragraph 3: Conclusion, including how your perception or knowledge of the material may have changed. In this paragraph, you will provide your choice of topic for continued research and your reasons for choosing it.
· You must use the template for the assignment provided in Blackboard.
· When you are finished, your assignment must be:
o In a Microsoft Word (or compatible) document
o Formatted, including:
§ 12-point Times New Roman font
§ 1-inch margins
o Written and proofread carefully to ensure writing follows standards of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style expected at this academic level
§ First person pronouns are permitted for this assignment.
§ No citations other than the video information in the heading are required.
Need a similar essay? We have qualified writers who can assist. Click ORDER NOW to get a special bonus- Up to 18% Discount Offer!!!