Investigate your organization's compliance rate with one specific core measure of your choice and write a 2-3-page (maximum) executive summary analyzing the financial and regulatory impact of organizational compliance with your chosen measure. Include recommendations for improving performance on the measure.
In order to promote safe, caring, patient-centered environments, nurse leaders must both conceptually understand and be proficient in performing a wide variety of leadership skills. Effective nursing leaders develop and maintain awareness of issues that emerge at many levels within and outside of their organizations. In addition to developing self-assessing competencies necessary for their roles, nurse leaders must also acquire organizational skills and leadership skill sets.
By successfully Completing this assessment, you will Manda your proficiency in The Following course competencies and assessment criteria:
• Competency 4: Policy, Finance, and Regulations – Understand the scope and role of policy, finance, and regulatory environments in relationship to individual and population outcomes.
o Compare the compliance rates of a specific measure for different organizations.
o Identify the financial implications associated with compliance.
o Explain the importance of compliance in terms of policy, regulation, and finance.
• Competency 5: Communication – Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team, including interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaboration for quality outcomes.
o Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a nursing professional.
• Competency 6: Organizational and Systems Management – Apply knowledge of organizational behavior, nursing theory, and systems (micro- and macro-) as appropriate for the scope and role of one's own practice.
Identify the people affected by changes to a specific compliance measure.
o Outline a plan to implement changes to a specific compliance measure.
or Identify organizational barriers to change.
or Explain strategies to overcome organizational barriers to change.
• Competency 9: Professional Role – Incorporate the qualities, skills, behaviors, and knowledge required to function as a patient advocate, practice high-quality care, assess and evaluate patient outcomes, and provide leadership in improving care.
o Describe changes that would improve compliance with a specific measure.
For this assessment, write an executive summary analyzing the financial and regulatory impact of organizational compliance with a specific core measure of your choice. The summary must include recommendations for improving performance on the measure.
You should be able to explain the financial implications associated with the measure, as well as its importance in terms of policy, regulation, and finance. This is another good opportunity to consult with a key stakeholder within the organization. Talking to someone who works closely with the organization's finances can help you develop deeper understanding of the financial aspects of compliance. You also need to suggest ways your organization can improve compliance and how you would implement changes and overcome obstacles.
This may seem like an enormous undertaking, but you should approach it as if you were to present this information to your supervisor or manager. Keeping in mind that people in these positions do not have time to read a 10-12-page report, you would typically give them an executive summary of your analyzes and recommendations. That means that you will need to be very clear and concise with the information you want to include in the executive summary. Say as much as possible with as few words as possible.
Select a core measure and investigate your organization's compliance rate with the measure. In your executive summary, address the following:
1. Compare the compliance rates of your organization with those of other organizations.
2. Identify the financial implications associated with the measure.
3. Explain why the measure is important in terms of policy, regulation, and finance.
4. Describe changes that could be made that would improve compliance with the measure.
5. Identify the people who would be affected by the changes.
6. Outline a plan to implement the changes within the organization.
7. Identify obstacles you would expect to encounter.
8. Explain your strategies for overcoming obstacles.
• Format: Include a title page and references page. This is an executive summary, do not use APA style and formatting. To determine the appropriate format, it may be helpful for you to review the documents used in your organization. How do they look? What kind of language is used in memos? These can help guide your development of this executive summary. Certainly, feel free to use bullet points as appropriate.
• Length: Write a 2-3-page (maximum) summary of your information, not including the title page and references page.
• References: You must still reference scholarly resources to support your work. Use at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
• Font: Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
Click the links to see the following resources:
• APA Citation: Citing a Journal Article.
• APA Citation: Citing a Book.
• APA Citation: Citing a Website.
• APA Paper Template.
• APA Paper Tutorial.
Click the link provided below to view the following multimedia piece:
• Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations | Transcript.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly to this course:
• Selekman, J. (2013). School nursing: A comprehensive text (2nd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: FA Davis.
• Taylor, JF, Williams, RL, & Blythe, MJ (2015). Healthcare reform, EHRs, and adolescent confidentiality. Contemporary OB / GYN, 60 (8), 34-37.
• Wartenberg, D., & Thompson, WD (2010). Privacy versus public health: The impact of current confidentiality rules. American Journal of Public Health, 100 (3), 407-412.
• Smith, MK, & Stepanov, N. (2014). School-based youth health nurses and adolescent decision-making regarding reproductive and sexual health advice: How can the law guide healthcare practitioners in this context? Contemporary Nurse: A Journal for the Australian Nursing Profession, 47 (1/2), 42-50.
• Brewin, D., Koren, A., Morgan, B., Shipley, S., & Hardy, RL (2014). Behind closed doors: School nurses and sexual education. The Journal of School Nursing, 30 (1), 31-41.
• O'Connor, S. (2012). School nursing: Promoting self-esteem in adolescents. Community Practitioner, 85 (1), 34-36.
• Smart, KA, Parker, RS, Lampert, J., & Sulo, S. (2012). Speaking up: Teens voice their health information needs. The Journal of School Nursing, 28 (5), 379-388.
• Larsson, M., Bj? Rk, M., Ekebergh, M., & Sundler, AJ (2014). Striving to make a positive difference: School nurses' experiences of promoting the health and well-being of adolescent girls. The Journal of School Nursing, 30 (5), 358-365.
• Ramos, MM, Greenberg, C., Sapien, R., Bauer-Creegan, J., Hine, B., & Geary, C. (2013). Behavioral health emergencies managed by school nurses working with adolescents. Journal of School Health, 83 (10), 712-717.
• Suydam, L., & Garcia, A. (2010). School nurses connect schools and parents from homeroom to prevent teen medicine abuse. NASN School Nurse, 25 (4), 170-171.
Course Library Guide
The Capella University library has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4006 – Policy, Law, Ethics, and Regulations Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been granted or appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
Need a similar essay? We have qualified writers who can assist. Click ORDER NOW to get a special bonus- Up to 18% Discount Offer!!!