For this assignment, you are to identify and analyze the different types of equipment that are required to manage an access point powered by PoE. In most cases, you will find that campus-sized networks utilize PoE switches to power remote APs for access. However, PoE adapters exist for APs only capable of PoE-based power, which you should take into consideration in your presentation. Then, you will develop a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of approximately 7-9 slides including detailed speaker notes.
Develop a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of approximately 8–10 slides including detailed speaker notes. Ensure that you respond to the following points in your presentation.
- Explain PoE. Describe its capabilities and limitations.
- Compare and contrast PoE with a standard Ethernet cabling. Include a description of how PoE may play a role in mobile computing.
- Evaluate how PoE and mobile computing have made an impact on society and current markets and predict what impact this may have on the technology's future.
- Identify whether PoE is an existing or emerging technology and determine what business opportunities are presented by the technology.
- Identify ways in which PoE may be used in mobile technology.
- Evaluate the different ways that mobile technology has had an impact on society and the markets; include examples.
- Compare and contrast two examples of organizations (or case studies) using the PoE technology (organizations may be outside of the United States in emerging nations). Explain how each organization specifically uses the technology—to what degree and for what purpose.
- Explain the design and structure of the network.
- Summarize your findings.
You should assume that your audience is a group of technology professionals working for small businesses. Your presentation should be thorough and technical in nature.
Note: Your presentation should utilize at least three scholarly or professional sources (beyond your textbook). Your presentation should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., in APA format); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.