U7D1-64 – Various Forms of the t Test
In what research situations should the paired samples t test be used rather than the independent samples t test?
Unit 7 -t Tests: Theory and Logic
Warner, R. M. (2013). Applied statistics: From bivariate through multivariate techniques (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Evaluate research situations using the t test.
2. Identify the assumptions of the independent samples t test.
3. Analyze hypothesis testing for the t test.
4. Understand effect sizes for the t test.
5. Analyze two calculations of the t test and when they are reported.
[u07s1] Unit 7 Study 1- Readings
Use your Warner text, Applied Statistics: From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques , to complete the following:
• Read Chapter 5, "Comparing Group Means Using the Independent Samples t Test," pages 185–218.
This reading addresses the following topics:
◦ Research situations using the independent samples t test.
◦ t-test assumptions.
◦ Factors affecting the size of the t ratio.
◦ Effect sizes.
SOE Learners – Suggested Readings
Stone, E. (2010). t test, independent samples. In N. J. Salkind (Ed.), Encyclopedia of research design (pp. 1552–1556). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. doi:10.4135/9781412961288.n475
Need a similar essay? We have qualified writers who can assist. Click ORDER NOW to get a special bonus- Up to 18% Discount Offer!!!