As we near the end of the semester, think about which animals/ecosystems you’d like to explore further. Which do you want to see in the wild?
Plan a vacation for 2018 to go see a specific animal or habitat anywhere in the world (try something outside of the US, definitely out of CA).
Write this in a word document, inserting pictures as necessary. Save as a doc or PDF, then upload your finished work.
- Best time of year to see the specific animal
- What behaviors you would expect to see (breeding, feeding, migrating, etc)
- In what way would you be able to interact with them? (SCUBA license needed? Boat, swim, cage dive, helicopter?)
- Minimum budget needed for a three day, two-night stay, including travel and lodging expenses
- One example of research being conducted on the animal or ecosystem
Expected answers/points (40 points total):
- (2) Location: City, State, Country. Picture of map.
- (2) When will I go? Month, year
- (8) Purpose of trip: Why are you going here, at this time? 50 word minimum. Include a PICTURE
- (8) What research is being conducted on the animal/ecosystem you’re visiting. Name a scientist and describe their research. 50 word minimum
- (5) How will I get there? Give details, including mode of transport
- (5) Where will I stay? Give details
- (8) What activities will I participate in that involve the animal/ecosystem I’m visiting: Give details.
- (2) Budget required?
Where do you want to go?
- San Juan Island, WA over the summer to watch Orcas feed on salmon.
- Antarctica in February to see humpback whales feed
- Trinidad and Tobago to see Manatees during the wet season
- Interact with “friendly” Gray whales in Baja Mexico in March