Electronic Commerce Systems (ISY10058)
Title Report on the evaluation of 10 e-commerce Websites
Weight 20% of overall unit assessment
Due time 12th Dec 2017 11:00 PM
Length Maximum 2500 words excluding appendix, references or footnotes
You are required to write a report on the critical evaluation of 10 Websites in 5 given groups (types of e-commerce) for a business manager.
· You should determine 10-15 evaluation criteria based on the principles and guidelines for building effective e-commerce Websites and the business models discussed in the unit materials and gained from your own research. While there are criteria that are applicable for all e-commerce websites, there may be criteria that are only applicable for some type(s) of sites. You should discuss the difference.
· You should evaluate the Websites according to the above determined criteria by comparing the sites in the same group, and between different groups. You should use tables for comparison.
· You should identify major strengths and weaknesses of each site, and provide recommendations for the design and development of the sites to improve their performance.
The 10 Websites are grouped according to e-commerce types:
Group 1 E-Tailer http://www.coop.com.au/ http://www.umart.com.au/newsite/
Group 2 Content Provider https://www.northernstar.com.au/ http://www.acm.org/ Group 3 Community Provider http://forums.whirlpool.net.au http://www.meetup.com
Group 4 Market Creator http://www.graysonline.com/ http://www.alibaba.com/
Group 5 Transaction Broker http://www.webjet.com.au http://www.ticketmaster.com.au
Category Specific criteria marks
Understanding of issues Originality, academic rigour, synthesis of
ideas, cohesion (15)
Own appraisal and logical reasoning (15)
Accurate comparisons using tables (15)
Quality of work
Factual material and relevant data (10)
esearch for information
Close association of references with 15 discussion
Documentation Conventional report structure, presentation
and layout (5)
Logical and consistent organisation of
information (5) 30
Correct spelling and grammar (10)
Consistent reference and citation style (10)
Total mark 100
· The document must be word-processed using MS-Word. The document must contain an assignment cover sheet.
· Filename = YourLastNameFirstInitial_ISY10058_Ass1.docx
You should submit this assignment in the Turnitin assignment box for your location at the Blackboard of this unit. It is recommended that you should have sufficient learning to start the assignment after Topic 3.
In business, reports come in a variety of styles but normally contain:
· report cover sheet including a specific report title,
· table of contents,
· abstract (or executive summary),
· "body" – the main contents (don’t use “Body” for section heading),
· conclusion and recommendations,
· appendices, if applicable.