PBHL/WGS 3140 Reproductive Rights
Reading List Fall 2017- corrected
The following articles are available to you online. Each is numbered, with the numbers listed on the syllabus to coincide with the topics.
1. “A Postpartum Penalty” Depression Diagnosis May Affect Rates for Life Insurance
By Ron Lieber, 2/27/16, New York Times
2. Some I.V.F. Experts Discourage Multiple Births”
Jane Brody, 10/11/16 , New York Times
3. Should young women sell their eggs?
Donna De La Cruz OCT. 20, 2016, New York Times
4. The Return of the D.I.Y. Abortion
Seth Stevens Davidowitz 3-6-16 , New York Times
5. American Home Birth is Dangerous
Amy Tuteur 5-1-16 , New York Times
6. One Nation Divisible/Rural America’s Childbirth Crisis: The Fight To Save Whitney Brown
By Betsy McKay and Paul Overberg
The Wall Street Journal- 8-11-17
WATCH 5 minute Video
7. Why A Generation of Adoptees is Returning to South Korea
New York Times Magazine 1-18-15
8. The Dwindling Options for Surrogacy Abroad
Danielle Preiss and Pragati Shahi
The Atlantic, May 21, 2016
9. 10 Powerful women who have spoken about their own abortion
10. 1 in 3 Campaign
Women speak out about their abortions. (choose stories to read)
11. Why Does Open Adoption Rarely Work?
Kathryn Joyce, The New Republic, July 14, 2015
12. Opinion: Want to Empower Women Worldwide? Give Them Access to Contraceptives
Melinda Gates, National Geographic , February 3, 2017
Need a similar essay? We have qualified writers who can assist. Click ORDER NOW to get a special bonus- Up to 18% Discount Offer!!!