These question provide an opportunity to improve your final grade by demonstrating that you understand the concepts presented in the course.
These optional questions are worth 100 points. You may respond to any or all answers, and will not be penalized for not responding to a question. You must submit your responses by midnight of 9 December 2017. A late submission will incur a substantial grade penalty. I will not accept any papers after 17:00 on Monday, 11 December 2017 since I must turn in grades for the class by Midnight on this day.
Remember to properly cite any references, although opinion responses do not require citations. Responses that link grounded theory to your analysis will receive higher grades.
I am looking for your thoughts, insights, and understanding.
Answers that are a simple cut and paste from the Internet will receive a score of zero.
1. (Five Points). Explain your understanding of the concept of servant leader. Do you believe this leadership style has a place in business? Why?
2. (Five points). You are a hiring manager for an IT company. You have one position to fill and two candidates. Candidate one is a white male and candidate two is an Asian female. Candidate one is slightly more qualified than two—in fact you have some doubts whether candidate two is fully qualified. However, your company is under-represented by Asians and by women, based on the local labor pool. Your company has no complaints filed against it with the Equal Employment Opportunity Council. Which candidate do you hire? Why? What are the possible consequences?
3. (Ten points). Many months ago, Walgreen’s announced a plan to move its corporate headquarters overseas to avoid corporate taxes. The estimated savings was estimated at $2 billion a year. Walgreen’s stated that the move was in the best interest of its stockholders despite that fact that the move would result in the loss of a few jobs in the United States.
After the announcement, its stock price increased 12%. However, Walgreen’s suffered a lot of abuse in traditional and social media. One week later, Walgreen’s acquiesced and announced the cancellation of these plans. Its stock price fell.
While the debate over corporations moving offshore is political, there were clear business advantages. Do you believe that Walgreen’s first decision was ethical? Why do you think Walgreen’s management reversed course?
4. (Ten points). In May 2015, a business owner by the name of Dan Price changed his firm’s pay policy. Here decided to pay every employee the same salary, $70,000. He even reduced his million dollar salary to that amount. His firm has experienced consequences that he did not foresee.
a. What theories that we have addressed in this course might have given him insight into the consequences of his action?
b. What would these theories have predicted?
5. (Five points). Go to this URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg and review the comedy sketch, The Expert. What did you learn from this sketch?
6. (Five points). What is the purpose of continuous process improvement?
7. (Ten points). In your opinion, what is the best continuous process improvement methodology? Defend your response.
8. (Five points). List and describe the four human hormones, according to Simon Sinek, that affect human performance, attitudes, and outlook from a business perspective.
9. (Ten points). Describe your understanding of “autonomy, mastery, and purpose.” Do not copy something from the Internet!
10. (Ten points). Do you consider yourself a “Type I” or a “Type X” person? Why?
11. (Five points). Describe a policy or practice at your work or in school that has decreased your motivation to perform well.
12. (Ten points). What organizational structure do you consider the best? Why?
13. (Ten points). From your own experience and without using real names, describe one of the following: a good or bad manager, a good or bad leader. Why do you consider this person good or bad?
You can place an order similar to this with us. You are assured of an authentic custom paper delivered within the given deadline besides our 24/7 customer support all through.