Analysis of an Emergency Operations Center
The objective of the research paper is to conduct an analysis of an Emergency Operations Center at one level of government during a disaster. The research paper consists of a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page.
The paper will consist of nine pages, including a title page and reference page. The paper will analyze, describe, and evaluate three of the following criteria:
1. the specific type of disaster (natural or man-made), the affected area, and vulnerable populations within the demographic area;
2. the design and location of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC);
3. the operations structure (Incident Command System);
4. the interface between the federal, state, and local governments;
5. how media relations are conducted to disperse disaster information to the public; 6. the modes of communication within the EOC and between the public and private sectors;
7. how stress management was facilitated;
8. the positive and negative performance of the EOC;
9. what improvements would you suggest and in what specific areas; and
10. whether or not the emergency preparedness plan is effective for the hazard.