PART 1 (2 PAGES)
· discuss how the artwork of your choice reflects the typical values and characteristics of Baroque art.(IT SHOULD NOT BE Crucifixion of St. Peter OR Ecstasy of St.Teresa)
· Provide a brief background on the artist as well as a description of the work.
· Include observations of a few stylistic elements to produce a convincing argument
PART 2 ( 1 PAGE)
Look closely at the composition and lighting of this painting. Keep in mind how the painting illustrates the conversion of the Pharisee Saul to Christianity. It is the moment when he becomes the disciple Paul.
1. What is the mood of the painting? What are the formal elements trying to convey (the lighting, the color, the space, the focal point)?
2. How does this painting differ from paintings you have studied in the Renaissance era?