Research Design and Measurement
This Forum includes several steps:
- Identify a topic of interest and write a research question, based on your topic of interest, that specifically looks at the relationship between two variables.
- Specify the unit of analysis in your research question.
- Identify the two variables in your research problem – include: which is the independent variable (IV) and which is the dependent variable (DV); and specify the variable 'type' i.e. categorical/nominal; continuous/interval.
- Provide an operational definition for each of your two variables. (if this is really difficult, your variable is not specific enough, and you should further narrow your variable and research problem).
- Write a hypothesis for your research question/problem (i.e. what direction do you think the relationship between your two variables will be)
- 250 -300 words