Week 2 – Discussion 1
No unread replies.No replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Cost and Quality
As you can see in the chart above, though the United States has had the highest health care expenditure in the world, the health status of the entire population has lagged behind numerous developed countries. The Affordable Care Act is aimed at promoting quality of care along with cost reduction, but health care organizations wrestle with meeting all of the challenges.
Present to your classmates a quality improvement & cost saving project that you read about in a scholarly source, addressing the following eight key questions:
- What was the health care setting (hospital, clinic, nursing home, etc.)?
- What were the problems/issues leading to the change project?
- Who were the stakeholders involved in the project?
- What was the timeframe involved in the project?
- What were the financial resources allocated to the project?
- What were the results on quality improvement?
- What was the evidence on cost saving?
- Leatt and colleagues (1997) recommended nine approaches for successful cost cutting. Which approaches are demonstrated in your case?
for help with locating a scholarly source for this discussion. Your initial post should be at least 300 words. Support your response with a minimum of two scholarly sources.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts substantively in a minimum of 100 words by Day 7. In your responses, compare and contrast the quality improvement project and cost saving project your classmates’ analyzed with your own. Which do you think would be most successful and why?