In Week 1, you began your work as the head of the Maternal, Infant, and Reproductive Health Task Force in Centervale. You did this by learning more about adolescent pregnancy and the behavioral, cultural, and environmental risk factors associated with this health issue. In this assignment, your attention turns to community issues. Your task force has representatives from several community organizations. You know that in addition to your focus on an individual-level change, you will need to provide the group with information about community-level change to impact the adolescent pregnancy issue in Centervale.
- Read the editorial entitled “Community-based Intervention” (link) in which the authors recommend four typologies or approaches to community-based projects (McLeroy, Norton, Kegler, Burdine, & Sumaya, 2003). Consider how each of these typologies might be applicable to adolescent pregnancy prevention in Centervale.
- Review the “Demographic Background on Centervale.” (attached)
- Prepare a memo for the task force on the following:
- Compare and contrast the four categories of community-based interventions.
- Select two typologies to present as options to the task force and explain in detail how these can be applied.
- Identify one typology for recommendation, giving reasons in support.
Your final product will be in a MS Word document of approximately 3 pages. You should utilize at least 3 scholarly sources beyond the course readings in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
McLeroy, K. R., Norton, B. L., Kegler, M. C., Burdine, J. N., & Sumaya, C. V. (2003). Community-based intervention. American Journal of Public Health, 93(4), 529–533.
-Examine information about community level change.
-Compare and contrast the four categories of community-based interventions for prevention of adolescent pregnancy.
-Prepare a memo and describe two selected typologies as options to the task force and recommend one typology supported by scholarly resources.
-Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.