- Refer to the “Case Study: Veterans Affairs (VA)” text sheet. By now, you have analyzed the case study and have suggested possible mitigating remedies to prevent loss of private information. Write an executive summary that supports your list of suggested remedies.
To begin, summarize your findings in a simple bullet-point list. This will help to prioritize the remedies suggested. Once you have the summary ready, compile your findings in the form of an executive summary. The main points you need to cover are:
- Analyze the mistakes committed by both the employees and the Department of Veterans Affairs that led to data loss.
- Ensure that the remedies you suggest prevent the mistakes you analyzed from reoccurring in the future. You can think of using encryption as one of the possible remedies. In this case, describe how encryption can be used.
- Explain methods that will ensure proper monitoring and enforcement of the existing security policies.
- Analyze the procedural changes made by the Department of Veterans Affairs as a result of the 2006 data breach. Are the changes sufficient to prevent similar data breaches in the future?
- Required Resources
Text Sheet: Case Study: Veterans Affairs (VA) (ts_caseveteransaffairs)
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial 10-point size, Double-space
- Citation Style: Follow your school’s preferred style guide
- Length: No more than 500 words
Written on January 19th, 2018 by
Posted in Uncategorized