Managing a business supply chain involves maximizing the flow of materials and information from raw materials to finished product. The strategy for carrying out individual components of the process is affected by and may be changed due to many things including industry, current product life cycle stage, production and delivery costs, product profitability, and competition. For example, a company in the manufacturing industry could build a second warehouse closer to its customers if delivery costs increased. An example in the service industry would be a restaurant changing vendors due to increased material costs.
In this assignment, you will identify the supply chain process and strategy for the operations of a business from either the service industry or manufacturing industry.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, address the following:
- Identify a product or service and assess the location where the company offers it in the supply chain. Define the stage in the product life cycle.
- Develop a questionnaire with 10–12 questions that will allow you to do the following:
- Explain what the company does to protect its business and manage risks.
- Analyze cost savings by determining the return on investment (ROI) for one product offered by the company.
- Identify the company’s competitors and determine who owns what market share for the product.
- Evaluate how the company manages production or delivery of service.
- Defend your choice of questions and support your selection with scholarly articles.
Your final product will include two deliverables. In addition to submitting your questionnaire, submit a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Include a minimum of three scholarly articles to complete your research. Your writing should be clear, concise, and organized. Demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of resources. Display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.