REVISION Leadership of Higher Education Institutes
3 separate parts with exact targeted objectives as per the description attached
With Reading materials and references as given below – shall be considered and the papers need to be based on those recommended readings. Extra references, as well as from the “Teaching and the Human Brain 2 papers (attached), would be much appreciated.
– Part 1 – Use your own Higher Education Institute (HEI) -or a specific HEI of your choice- as the basis for this assignment. Identify the major driving forces that will have a major effect on the future success of this HEI. In a systemic manner, describe the nature of the impact of these driving forces on the HEI; list and motivate the major priorities (not more than 5-7) that should be dealt with in order to ensure the future success of the particular HEI. The document should be in the form of a report, no longer than 7 pages, of good technical quality and all sources should be properly listed. T
– Part 2 – Use part 1 as background information. Reflect on the leadership requirements needed to ensure appropriate and results-driven leadership of the 21st century HEI – taking into account the specific nature of HEI’s. Determine the degree to which the current leadership meets these requirements. Recommend priority actions to be taken to ensure appropriate leadership for the 21st century in context of the specific HEI. The document should be in the form of a report, no longer than 7 pages, of good technical quality and all sources should be properly listed.
– Part 3 – All HEI’s have a key role to play in order to contribute to optimal development in its specific local and regional context. Consider the current position of your specific HEI in this specific regional ecosystem. What to your mind should be done by the HEI to enhance its value-adding in the specific ecosystem? The document should be in the form of a report, no longer than 7 pages, of good technical quality and all sources should be properly listed.
Some background course essays (from teaching and the human brain) as the prerequisite for this course, are attached separately
Background Reading and References: Consists of a number of academic articles, aligned with the key topics of this seminar.
– Goldman, E.F., & Casey, A. (2010). Building a culture that encourages strategic thinking. Journal of leadership & organizational studies, 17 (2), 119-128.
– Javidan, M., Steers, R.M, & Hitt, M.A. (2007). The global mindset: Implications and future research directions. Advances in international management, Vol.19, 215-226.
– Hitt, M.A., Haynes, K.T. and Serpa, R. (2010). Strategic Leadership for the 21st century. Business Horizon, 53, 427-444.
– Mahsood Shah (2013). Renewing strategic planning in universities at a time of uncertainty. Perspectives: Policy and Practice in Higher Education, 17:1, 24-29, DOI: 10.1080/13603108.2012.679753 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13603108.2012.679753
– Barnett, R. 2013. Imagining the University. Routledge, UK. Further details at: https://www.routledge.com/Imagining-the-University/Barnett/p/book/9780415672047