Resume Draft Of Writing Class
Based on the analysis of your selected job advertisement and your readings from the course textbook, this assignment asks you to compose a resume for your selected job. When completing this assignment, please keep in mind the following items:
- Who is the audience for my resume?
- What is the overall theme of my resume?
- What specifically do I want to highlight in the resume?
- Am I adopting a simple and direct style?
- Am I providing specific supporting evidence? Showing vs. Telling?
- Am I employing language from the job advertisement in the resume?
- Am I using active language?
- Are all of my sections and headings relevant and necessary?
- How is my design visually appealing?
- What am I doing to initially draw a reader’s eye?
- How do I lead a reader through the resume?
- How am I prioritizing and/or ordering my information?
- Is there unnecessary repetition or redundancy in the document?
- Have I adopted an appropriate tone for the document?
- How does this resume support my job application letter?