IT 380 Final Project
Develop a Rationale for the Implementation of an Electronic Document or Record Management System
In the first part of your project report provide a profile for the organization (which you have done in the project proposal).
In the second part of your project report prepare a business case which includes a rationale for why an electronic document and records management system would benefit the organization. You may use any of the EDRM software listed in Assignment 2 (or any other software that you can obtain legal rights to use) as a sample system when discussing the following questions. Include in your rationale for the project the following pieces of information:
1. Business opportunity describing the motivation for the project including a definition a statement of scope and a discussion of objectives that the project will help the organization achieve.
2. What problems the electronic system would resolve including the storage of information filing issues and reproduction issues;
3. Discuss Document Conversion Strategy
4. How records would be uniquely identified;
5. How the security of the information will be handled;
6. How personally identifiable information will be kept private;
7. How users will access the system including wireless connections;
8. How users will be able to search for records; and
9. Benefits and costs of the recommended solution (qualitative and quantitative) You can use projected figures in your benefit-cost analysis.
10. Other factors that you feel relevant
Length requirement: no shorter than 5 pages (Single space 12-point font size. Excluding the cover page and the bibliography)
Citation: APA format
Your assignment will be graded according to the following rubric:
Above Average (4)
Delineation of rationale factors
At least two additional factors were used with all the listed factors
One additional factor was used with all the listed factors.
All the existing factors were listed.
Not all the existing factors were listed.
Description of rationale
Excellent description of rationales including five or more sentences for each
Well written description of the rationales including effective screenshots
Adequate description of rationale: good text and at least one screenshot
No detailed rationales or poorly written descriptions
Well written discussion grammar and spelling
Persuasive and well written document in a memo format error free
Good discussion in your own words error do not interfere with meaning
Discussed with one or more quotations from sources and few errors
Poorly written or mainly quotations from listed sources with errors
Uses a variety of sources of information
Cited more than five diverse and relevant sources
Cited four or five diverse and relevant sources
Cited two or three sources relevant to the assignment
Little or no use of relevant sources
Insightful specific new understanding of the topic
general examination and assessment
Summarize various opinions with little analysis
Little or no analysis
Late submission NOT ACCEPTED!
5 page single space 12 sized font due in 3 days.
IT 380 Final Project