1. Topic: Stem cells
Story: (Extend this story and connect with stem cells) (Book materials and slides in attached files)
My grandfather developed Parkinson’s Disease, and my grandmother developed Alzheimer’s disease. When they got those diseases, I quit my job to take care of them because they raised me up but now they can’t do anything when I’m not with them, especially for my grandmother. If both of them could receive stem cell therapy to help replace those cells then I will try my best to help them. I’m so sad because I saw how much both of them suffers due to this disease. Medication cannot cure those diseases but the stem cell can help us. Therefore, I am all for the stem cell debate because it not only can help people who suffer from those diseases but also help those patient’s family be happy to seem the person who worried about is getting better.
Format of the paper
1. 1 1/2-2 pages, DOUBLE SPACED, in 12-point font (times new roman) (2 pages MAX)
Reference to your topic from the book (Garrett, PAGE #) OR (www.google.com/psychology (Links to an external site.)) for example (copy and paste the web address)
2. Don’t quote an article or paper or website directly unless you use quotation marks.
“The Left brain is the side of the brain that deals with language, blah blah blah” (Kobe, 2006)…
If you are just getting information off of a website you would simply put the website address next to the quote in parentheses (www.facebook.com/blahblahblah) (Links to an external site.)
The paper must:
1. Clearly describe a specific relevant event/experience and how it applies to bio psych
2. Fully explain how the event is related to a theory and/or empirical findings on the topic.
3. Accurately use any relevant technical terms (from the book or slides, etc). (slide: ch3 page 46) (book: Brain & Behavior page 76.77)