- Write a 350- to 700-word paper that details your reaction to one of the fiction stories you read this week. This can be one of the assigned readings, or another short story. Include the following in your paper:
- Explain the strategies you think the writer uses to convey a particular idea and what you think is the theme of the work.
- Describe how you personally relate to the theme, and include relevant quotes from the writing to support your paper.
- Answer the following questions in the paper to demonstrate your active, responsive reading:
- What is one inference you may make from the story?
- What impressions did you have as you read the story the first time? Were there any particular portions of the reading that you marked as you read them the second time? Why?
- For whom do you think the author was writing this story and to what purpose?
- Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.