In this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint to address the “Acid-Base Case Study. The PowerPoint should be 10-15 slides and contain speaker notes. Each of the following should be addressed:
- Research and fill in the normal values for the table in the “Acid-Base Case Study” resource. Include the table in your PowerPoint.
- What type of acid-base disturbance is Mr. Davis suffering from? Why?
- What role does excessive alcohol consumption play in the acid-base disturbance seen?
- What type of fluid or electrolyte imbalances does Mr. Davis have and why?
- Calculate the anion gap. Is it high or normal? Why is it high or normal? What information does the anion gap give the provider?
- Are Mr. Davis’ respiratory and renal systems attempting to compensate for his acid-base disturbance? If so, how are they compensating and what evidence do you have that they are compensating?
- Explain the rationale for the low glucose level and high urine ketones.
- Is the protein level seen in the UA abnormal? Provide a rationale. How do the findings relate to Mr. Davis?