- How have your life and professional experiences prepared you for the WGU PMHNP program?
- How can the WGU PMHNP program prepare you to deliver mental health care to the community in which you live?
- Please describe the type of clinical practice you will pursue upon graduation from the WGU PMHNP program (e.g. outpatient psychiatric practice, inpatient psychiatric practice, substance abuse treatment, etc).
- How can your future clinical practice as a PMHNP affect the quality and cost of care for patients and their families?
Archive for June 3rd, 2022
Identify a family member or a friend, not a client, and conduct a pain assessment including the following:
- Aggravating factors
- Alleviating factors
- Associated phenomena
Write a summary of your assessment and identify two non-pharmacological nursing interventions that you might recommend.
PowerPoint presentation (minimum 8 slides)
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (8 slides minimum) that presents a synopsis of an article from a peer-reviewed academic journal. The article should focus on organizational leadership and will be integrated into your capstone research paper. The article needs to have been published within the past 10 years.
Note: Article Link: https://globaljournals.org/GJMBR_Volume15/1-How-Effective-Leadership.pdf
Please respond with your Creative Topic before doing assignment so I can submit topic to the Professor to see if she approves the chosen topic.
The creative project allows students to do just that- be creative. Students are tasked with constructing a piece of literature that inspires thoughtful discourse about a facet of emergency management, using either a fiction or nonfiction example. Students are free to conduct a project on whatever topic they see fit, following approval from the instructor Specific topics already discussed in class (for example, doomsday preppers) are not eligible for this project. Any outside sources or information you utilize must be cited in APA format.
Here are a few additional parameters for your creative projects:
Restive Project should be 6-8 pages long, double-spaced, and written in APA format. You must cite (in APA format) any outside resources or examples of media you might reference. If I have approved the medium or style of your project via the topic approval portal, then that project is acceptable. I will not accept creative projects without an approved topic.
Creative Project Rubric: Your projects will be evaluated for their creativity, content/depiction of fiction or nonfiction media, relevancy or application of a specific topic, and the project’s relation to emergency management. Every project must focus on a topic within the context of a phase (or phases) of emergency management.
Additional parameters on the creative project:
As you identify topics of interest for your projects, please keep the following thoughts in mind:
- It’s up to you to create a new piece of “disaster media”. This is different from the critiques, where we analyze existing work, and apply principles of emergency management to better understand each phase of EM. For example, because I’m interested in oral histories, I could decide to put together a work on interviewing people in my area who remember impacts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Based on the same previous example, I could go from there and decide that I wanted to focus my work on the “response” phase of EM. I recommend focusing on one phase of EM, in order to limit the scope of your project- otherwise, it’s possible to start a huge project with no definitive scope or purpose.
- Your chosen topic may be fictional or non-fictional. Whichever product you elect to create, ensure that it is robust and professional in both content and delivery.
Keep in mind, your creative project should be a stand-alone piece of disaster media. It should not simply critique an existing piece of media- that is why we conduct the critiques!
Formulate, express, and support individual perspectives on diverse works and issues.
You will act as a critic for some of the main subjects covered in the humanities. You will conduct a series of short, evaluative critiques of film, philosophy, literature, music, and myth. You will respond to five different prompts, and each response should include an analysis of the topics using terminology unique to that subject area and should include an evaluation as to why the topic stands the test of time. The five prompts are as follows:
1: Choose a film and offer an analysis of why it is an important film, and discuss it in terms of film as art. Your response should be more than a summary of the film.
2: Imagine you had known Plato and Aristotle and you had a conversation about how we fall in love. Provide an overview of how Plato would explain falling in love, and then provide an overview of how Aristotle might explain falling in love.
3: Compare and contrast the two poems below:
I find no peace, and all my war is done;
I fear and hope, I burn and freeze likewise
I fly above the wind, yet cannot rise;
And nought I have, yet all the world I seize on;
That looseth, nor locketh, holdeth me in prison, And holds me not, yet can I scape no wise;
Nor lets me live, nor die, at my devise,
And yet of death it giveth none occasion.
Without eyes I see, and without tongue I plain;
I wish to perish, yet I ask for health;
I love another, and yet I hate myself;
I feed in sorrow, and laugh in all my pain;
Lo, thus displeaseth me both death and life,
And my delight is causer of my grief.
- After great pain a formal feeling comes
The nerves sit ceremonious like tombs;
The stiff Heart questionswas it He that bore?
And yesterdayor centuries before?
The feet mechanical go round
A wooden way
Of ground or air or ought
A quartz contentment like a stone.
This is the hour of lead
Remembered if outlived
As freezing persons recollect
First chill, then stupor, then
The letting go
4: Compare and contrast these two pieces of music:
.Beethovens Violin Romance No. 2 Scott Joplins Maple Leaf Rag
5: Explain in classical terms why a modern character is a hero. Choose from either Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, Bilbo Baggins, Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen, or Ender Wiggins.
Develop a vocabulary for criticizing, evaluating, and describing works of art.
For this competency, you will assume the role of a critic. View each piece of work listed below and analyze it as a piece of art, identifying key elements of the work and using terminology common to the discipline. Using a few concise paragraphs for each piece, your analysis should discuss each work as a critic would and include, using the proper vocabulary, what you think the work is about.
Research Methods in health care chapter 5
Chapter 5: Designing Research
1. Find an example of an abstract from an empirical study in your field. Critique the abstract based on the five elements of an abstract as covered by the text. What elements are present, and what elements are missing?
2. What is the deficiency model of an introduction? Discuss how using this model when writing the introduction to a study or proposal may set the stage for the reader.
3. Why do you think one should avoid idiomatic expressions and quotations when stating the research problem?
4. Discuss the importance of framing the study within existing literature when writing the introduction.
Imagine that you have been put in charge of a large team that is negotiating a company merger with two other hypothetical, multinational companies that have offices located around the globe. Your task is to design a negotiation strategy to deal with the negotiation issues involved with merging these multinational companies.
pick two countries that will represent the corporate cultures of the multinational companies. One of the countries must not be from Europe.
- Using the attached document, include the following:
- Introduce and describe your chosen companies.
- Identify their country of origin.
- Detail each countrys cultural aspects that will impact the negotiation.
- Introduce and describe your chosen companies.
- Identify your negotiation strategy, providing specific details.
- Examine the importance of diversity in a multiparty negotiation, and explain the role that diversity will play throughout the negotiation process.
- Explain the ethical dynamics involved in a multiparty and multicultural negotiation process.
- Identify the potential conflicts that can occur when negotiating within a diverse cultural environment.
- Propose suggestions to mitigate said conflicts.
- Analyze the benefits that cultural conflicts can bring within a multiparty negotiation.
- Propose a plan for closing and implementing the merger that is fair to both parties involved in the negotiation.
- Explain your approach, identify the tactics that you will use to successfully implement your plan, and explain why the plan is fair to both parties as well.
- Use four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the or review .
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Your company has just hired your foreign friend to work in a middle-management position. As a new manager, she is interested in coaching her staff through their careers. Since you have lived in the United States for many years, your friend believes that you understand job coaching for a traditional American company. She wants to work with you and has many questionssome of which concern the manner in which cultural nuances related to religious customs, verbal and nonverbal communication, and so on may affect leadership roles
- Recommend whether your friend should assume the role of a job coach as soon as she begins her new position or wait until she has been a part of the company for a certain amount of time. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two conflicts that could possibly arise as a result of asking people to work on days of religious significance. Propose concrete solutions for these two possible conflicts.
- Determine whether cultural factors could restrain the foreign manager from expressing his or her ideas readily. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two actions that you can take in order to prepare yourself and your friend to become multicultural leaders. Provide two examples to support your response.
- Predict two major conflicts that may arise out of nonverbal communication misunderstandings (for example, words misinterpreted, hand gestures, looks, shoulder shrugs, names of objects). Suggest two actions that your friend could take in order to defuse these types of misunderstandings and thus make the workplace more harmonious. Justify your response.
- Use at least five quality academic resources
Discussion board module 5
What does your bunker look like? Describe a few key features of your doomsday abode. Was there anything you did not have the space to include? What do you think is one item that doomsday preppers might forget?
Write at least 350 words,