Week 2 Project
Collecting Customer Data
This course has major project assignments due in Week 3 and Week 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and work on those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
Using the same organization selected in Week 1 for the course project. Presume that the organization you selected has recently implemented a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Research the key elements of a CRM system and defend at least three best practices that your organization can use to improve its customer retention. Make sure you support your choices with well-reasoned arguments and external sources.
- Justify at least five critical pieces of customer information needed from your key market segment. Why do you need to collect this specific data?
- Justify five survey questions that might be used to evaluate the segments experience with your organization. Why do you need to know this information?
- Justify a plan for how customer data (previous two bullet points) will be collected. The plan should detail the methods to be used (e.g. written survey, focus groups, interviews, etc.) and where those methods will be integrated into the organizations processes (e.g., a hotel sending an e-mail survey following a customers stay at a specific location).
- Submit your plan in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
- Name your plan document SU_MBA6011_W2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned