Individual Development Plan
[WLO: 1] [CLO: 2]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read . An individual development plan (IDP) is a planning tool that assists you with managing your career. IDPs are a great way to manage your own career but also can be used as a leadership tool to help employees manage their careers and growth.
Based on your own career goals, areas of opportunities, and developmental needs, complete the attached and upload in Waypoint.
- Share your short- and long-term career goals (include a job description if you have a link).
- Explain why you have selected these developmental goals.
- Discuss the activities you plan to complete in efforts to achieve your goals.
Note: You are encouraged to integrate any feedback from your instructor and upload your IDP to . For assistance using Folio, review the .
Questions to consider when creating your IDP.
- Do you think there are any other developmental goals that should be included based on the information that was provided?
- What additional training or ideas do you have regarding how they can achieve each of their developmental goals? Make sure to provide ideas for each goal individually.
- Do you think their target completion dates are realistic?