Students much review the case study and answer all questions with a scholarly response using APA and include 2 scholarly references. Answer both case studies on the same document and upload 1 document to Moodle.
Case Study 3 & 4 change every semester. Topics will be delivered at due time.
The answers must be in your own words with reference to the journal or book where you found the evidence to your answer. Do not copy-paste or use past students’ work as all files submitted in this course are registered and saved in turn it in the program.
Answers must be scholarly and be 3-4 sentences in length with rationale and explanation. “No Straight forward / Simple answer will be accepted”.
Turn it in Score must be less than 25 % or will not be accepted for credit, must be your own work and in your own words. You can resubmit, Final submission will be accepted if less than 25 %. Copy-paste from websites or textbooks will not be accepted or tolerated. Please see College Handbook with reference to Academic Misconduct Statement.
All answers to case studies must have the references cited “in the text” for each answer and a minimum of 2 Scholarly References (Journals, books) (No websites) per case Study
Critical Thinking Questions caso 3
1. Why was this patient in metabolic acidosis?
2. Do you think the patient will eventually be switched to an oral hypoglycemic agent?
3. How would you anticipate this life changing diagnosis is going to affect your patient according to his age and sex?
4. The parents of your patient seem to be confused and not knowing what to do with this diagnoses. What would you recommend to them?
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why would the patient be instructed to avoid tobacco and caffeine?
2. Why did the physician recommend 6 weeks of medical management?
3. How do antacid medication work in patients with gastroesophageal reflux?
4. What would you approach the situation, if your patient decided not to take the medication and asked you for an alternative medicine approach?