You completed three self-assessments for the 1.3 assignment that helped you better understand how positively you see yourself, your level of self-esteem, and your level of emotional intelligence. Hopefully, you have a better understanding of how you are wired.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Determine what changes need to be made to be better positioned for success.
The real value-added from the exercise is the so what. Based on what you learned from the assessments, what you have experienced in the workplace, and what workplace success means to you, what actions can you take today to be better positioned to accomplish your career goals.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Access your eBook, Connect assignments, and SmartBook modules:
- Select Connect in the Table of Contents
- Select McGraw Hill Deep Integration
- Select Go to my Connect Section
- Review the following chapters from the assigned textbook as needed:
- Chapter 1: Organizational Behavior: What It Is and Why It Matters?
- Chapter 2: The Central Role of People in Organizations
- Chapter 3: Individual Differences
- After reflecting on your experiences in the workplace and the results of the three assessments, write a 2-3 page paper that addresses the following questions:
- Briefly describe the results of the three assessments.
- Which self-assessment results surprised you the most?
- In what ways do you disagree with the assessment results?
- What does career success look like for you?
- After reflecting on the assessment results, are you prepared for success in the workplace? Why or why not?
- What changes do you need to make to better position yourself for success?
- What actions can you take today to foster career success?
- Your finished document should be 2-3 pages long and follow including appropriate citations and references for your course materials.
- Submit your assignment by the end of the workshop.