The African American Great Migration and Beyond
- Who does Tolnay describe as the migrants who left the south and why?
- What are some important factors that Tolnay describes as influencing potential destinations of southern migrants?
- Where did the southern migrants go? How did they fare in their new home?
- Tolnay argues that internal migration and residential mobility had important short and long-term impacts on individual Blacks, the Black community, and American society. What were they?
- Why did some migrants begin to return south?