One of the most critical and hotly debated industries in the United States is healthcare. For this paper, you will examine the state of health care in the United States. As a starting point, you should read chapter 24 of the text and then after conducting your own research (5 additional sources minimum) write a 2-3 page paper that examines the following aspects of health care in the United States:
1. How much is spent on health care in the United States annually?
2. What is the basic structure of our system and how does it compare to other industrialized nations in terms of outcomes (be certain to identify what parameters you are using as a metric) and costs?
3. What are some unique challenges that health care presents from a consumer standpoint?
4. What have been some interventions by the government to make healthcare more accessible and affordable to the public and what have been the outcomes?
5. Do you think that the Singapore model could be replicated here? Why or why not?
6. What impact do you think the Covid-19 outbreak of 2020 have on healthcare delivery (move to single payer) in the United States?