Help with the answers to quiz 1 and 2 for Liberty University PSYC 221?
There are many methods available for conducting research, one of which is a case study. The purpose of this assignment is for you to learn how to conduct and complete a case study.
Instructions: Answer the following 4 questions using current APA format throughout. This includes your title page, running head, author note, appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure, introductory statement, citations, page numbers, levels of headings throughout the document, and consistency between your citations and references. Use your course textbook “Introduction to Research: Less Fright, More Insight” and at least 2 additional scholarly references. This assignment must have a title page, 2–4 pages of content, and a reference page. Give the answers to these questions in your own words and with your own explanation. Cite and list your various sources as references. Create your own phrase for a properly-formatted level one heading for each question so as to be clear about which item you are answering. Your headings must not be simply copied/pasted from the questions. An acceptable heading must clearly capture the essence of each question.
1. What is a case study?
2. What are some reasons for using a case study approach?
3. What are advantages and disadvantages of this approach?
4. Where, or in what ways, can a researcher acquire information/data that can be used for a case study? In other words, what are some various sources for information that a researcher can use in a case study? Note: For question 4, these are 2 ways of stating the same question; these are not 2 separate questions.
SYNTHESIS PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
The purposes of this assignment are to:
• Demonstrate proper use of current APA format in a term paper.
• Demonstrate proper use of one of the research methods studied in this course—specifically, the case study.
• Reflect on what you have learned in this course.
• Reflect on the course content as critiqued from a biblical, Christian perspective.
Instructions: Using a case study approach, write a 4–8-page research-based paper using yourself as the research subject by answering the assigned research questions:
• What have you learned about research at an introductory level?
• How do you evaluate or critique this from a biblical, Christian perspective?
You will use the APA skills that you honed during Module/Week 3, the case study skills you developed in Module/Week 5, and all the content you studied throughout all the modules/weeks of this course. Current APA format needs to be demonstrated in all aspects of this assignment.
Your paper must include a properly-formatted title page, 4–8 pages of content with proper citations and levels of headings, and a reference page. Be sure to cite enough references to sufficiently support your paper. Maintain consistency between your citations and reference page.
Your assignment will be checked for plagiarism.
You are a member of the training division in a maximum-security prison facility. There are about 8,000 inmates, and another 350 staff members, of which 220 are corrections officers. Because of the recent economic downturn, the number of prisoners incarcerated for property crimes, such as grand thefts and burglaries, has been on the rise. About 3,000 of the 8,000 inmates are violent offenders. Traditionally, the violent offenders establish a structure of control amongst the inmates, and often abuse the property crime offenders who are not used to violence. You have been tasked by the warden and the prison counsel, the mayor, and the city council to provide a method for dealing with an anticipated rise in violence as the demographic of the prison population puts more less experienced inmates in the facility. You must identify types of personnel who you would involve in the evaluation. There will be a number of inmates whose mental health will make them prone to violence, and some who will be more likely to be victimized by that violence. An example that may be considered is not to put a minority in a cell block with large numbers of members of white supremacy gangs. Other issues might include identifying persons who have demonstrated leadership through force, and segregating them to prevent them from affecting the population’s mood.
In a 3–5 page position paper, respond to the following questions based on the scenario:
Describe how corrections officers responding to an incident in the cell block might identify a potentially mentally ill inmate from one that is just acting out.
Explore the mental illness of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder. Given the confines of the cell block, how you would best approach an inmate who is suffering from one of these three conditions?
Explain what you believe should be included in training corrections officers and staff to safely handle mentally ill inmates in a restricted environment (keep in mind: safety first, followed by reasonable empathy).
It is critical that, when you make a statement of fact in your presentation, you cite the reference that you used to obtain the information from. Do this in the text of the paper, and then include the reference in your References page. As always, your paper will be submitted in the current edition of APA format. No abstract is required because this is a short position paper, but a title page, reference page, and appropriate running head with page numbers are necessary.
You will need to find 4 articles located in scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred as primary source peer reviewed articles. A scholarly journal article can be found in the South University Online Library. To find more information regarding utilizing the South University Library and accessing scholarly journal articles click on Library Guide. What cannot be used for this assignment are web pages, magazines, newspapers, text books, and other books. Finally, current research for our purposes is an article that was published within the last 5 to 6 years.
Remember this is a course on human development so when looking for articles make sure they are related to the subject matter covered in the course. To help in your search here are some of the major areas we covered in this course (these are meant as a guide, not specific topics to find).
- Major developmental theories across the lifespan
- Nature of geographic, gender, social, cognitive, emotional, and developmental factors during each period of development
- Developmental factors that impact one another.
- Historical and current trends in development
- Current trends which may differentially impact the future development of populations in the United States
- Social, and diversity issues related to developmental psychology
With the major areas above in mind, focus on at least two of the following age groups:
- Older Adults
First, give an overview of each article, including:
- Write a 2-paragraph summary for each article.
- Write a 1-2 paragraph analysis and evaluation for each article found.
- Make sure to integrate course material in that analysis
Then, write a summary (1-2 pages) integrating what was leaned from the articles reviewed on the chosen age groups as seen from the life-span perspective. Cover the following in that summary:
- What similarities did you find in the types of research and what was being studied? What differences did you find?
- Based on your course readings, what developmental theories did you find that were applicable?
- Explain how the life-span perspective may provide a way of better understanding the research reviewed.