Read Chapter 9, including "You Decide: Voices of Texas: Elected or Appointed Judges?" and write an essay answering the following questions:
- How well does the racial and gender composition of the judiciary reflect the demographics of the state's population?
- Should judges be elected or appointed? What are the arguments for electing judges? What are the arguments for appointing judges?
- Should the selection system vary according to the type of judge? Why or why not?
- How should judges be selected in Texas? Is there a way to make the process less political?
- In the case of elected judges, should judges recuse themselves or abstain from cases that affect their largest campaign contributors?
- How informed do you think the public is about judicial elections and judicial candidates?
- If you were voting for a judge, would you take the time to learn about the candidates and their qualifications or would you vote based on party affiliation?
Need a similar essay/paper? Click Order Now and fill in your requirements. Get high-quality papers at affordable prices- Up To 15% Discounts!!!