Overseas expansion brought the Old World and New World into contact, resulting in the exchange of peoples, ideas, cultures, and goods, significantly changing both worlds. Some scholars argue that “the Age of Discovery should be renamed the Age of Destruction”.
- Identify and review the relevant sections in Chapter 14 of the textbook.
- Read Comparative Essay: The Role of Disease in History, in Chapter 13, on pg. 342.
- Read the two document excerptds in Opposing Viewpoints: The March of Civilization, on pgs 366-367.
- Read Comparative Essay: The Columbian Exchange, on pg 368.
- Read Family and Society selection: A Slave Market in Africa, on pg 373,
- Identify at least two outside sources to support your discussion. Please keep in mind that WIKIPEDIA is not an acceptable reference.
PREPARE AND SUBMIT:
Write a well organized essay, a minimum of 700 words, including supporting details from assigned readings, documents/textbook/other sources. Analyze and discuss the material that has been assigned, and address the following statement: There are some scholars who would argue that “the Age of Discovery should be renamed the Age of Destruction”. Discuss if you agree or disagree with this statement.
Need a similar essay? Click Order Now And Get A Special Bonus- Up To 15% Discount Offer!!!