Assignment : OVERVIEW OF THEORY IN BUSINESS RESEARCH
Please read the following three papers:
Flynn, B. B., Schroeder, R. G., & Sakakibara, S. (1995). The impact of quality management practices on performance and competitive advantage. Decision Sciences, 26(5), 659-691. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5915.1995.tb01445.x
Huettermann, H., Doering, S., & Boerner, S. (2014). Leadership and team identification: Exploring the followers' perspective. Leadership Quarterly, 25(3), 413-432. doi: 10.1016/j.leaqua.2013.10.010
Venkatesh, V., Brown, S. A., Maruping, L. M., & Bala, H. (2008). Predicting different conceptualizations of system use: The competing roles of behavioral intention, facilitating conditions, and behavioral expectation. MIs Quarterly, 32(3), 483-502.
For each one of the above-mentioned papers, discuss the following:
1. What is the research approach taken by the authors? Explain your choice.
2. To what extent have the authors followed the research life cycle? Explain and point to specific stages and deviations (if any).
3. Suggest an alternative research approach (i.e., different from the one they are using) which supplements or extends the studies described in each one of these papers. Explain how your proposed extension can do so and why it is different from the approach taken in these papers.
4. Why should we follow this life cycle? What can go wrong if we do not?
Please organize your paper in a scholarly way. Add section titles when necessary. Explain your logic and when appropriate, use external sources and use proper citations.
Conclude your report with a paragraph or so evaluating the entire exercise in terms of what you have learned and your reflections on the topic.
The paper is usually between 5 and 12 pages long.
1. Able to understand the key themes in the reading list.
2. Able to understand management research, research approaches and stages in the research life-cycle.
3. Answer the questions with clarity, depth and critical thinking.
4. Completeness and coherence: Chain of thought is easy to follow.
5. Collected relevant evidences and consulted additional papers/resources to support the propositions.
6. Paper is clearly written with appropriate format. Reference list is complete. Citation is properly done.
Need a similar essay? We have qualified writers who can assist. Click ORDER NOW to get a special bonus- Up to 18% Discount Offer!!!