Technology Briefings section of the Information Systems Today textbook.
Review Question. Answers each question with At least three complete, grammatically correct sentences.
Foundational Hardware Review Questions
- TB-1. IS hardware is classified into what three major types?
- TB-2. Describe various methods for entering data into and interacting with a computer.
- TB-3. How do computers represent data internally?
- TB-4. Describe the role of a motherboard.
- TB-5. What determines the speed of a CPU?
- TB-6. Compare and contrast the different types of secondary data storage.
- TB-7. What are output devices? Describe various methods for providing computer output.
Foundational Software Review Questions
- TB-8. Define the term software and list several software packages and their uses.
- TB-9. Describe at least four different tasks performed by an operating system.
- TB-10. Describe the similarities and differences between at least two major operating systems in use today.
- TB-11. Name and describe four functions of utility programs.
- TB-12. Name and describe the five important concepts of object-oriented programming.
- TB-13. What is HTML, and why is it important?
- TB-14. Describe various options for adding dynamic content to a web page.
- TB-15. What is CASE, and how can it help in the development of information systems?