In a business environment, controlling who has access to business information and at what level is critical for facilitating day-to-day business operations. There are three levels of information access: no access, read access, and read-write access. Use a business of your choice to answer the criteria for this assignment.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Identify the business you have selected.
- Create five (5) cases in which the no-access level should be applied within the selected business environment. Explain the reasons for no access.
- Provide five (5) cases in which the read-access level should be applied within a business environment. Explain the reasons for read access.
- Provide five (5) cases in which the read-write level should be applied within the selected business. Explain the reasons for read-write access.
- Determine the type of access levels you would provide to a contractor or consultant.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define authorization and access to an IT infrastructure based on an access control policy framework.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in access control.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Security Access & Control Strategies using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.