Multicultural Literature Assignment
Explain the following multicultural literature works in 75 or more words each.
1. If black English isn't a language, then tell me, what is? Black Scholar, 27, 5-6. Baldwin, J., (1997).
2. Notes of a native son. Literary Cavalcade, 52(7), 18. Baldwin, J., (2000).
3. Decade II: A Twentieth Anniversary Anthology, 251-252. Columbus's children. (1993).
4. Cuba, Cuba, 1954. Little Havana Blues, 158-171. Hijuelos, O., (1996).
Read the following biographies and explain who they are, what they have done and what they are most known for in 75 or more words each.
5. James Baldwin (1924-1987)
6. Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000)
7. Rudolfo A. Anaya (b. 1937)
Watch the following youtube video on Luis Valdez and El Teatro Campesino answer the following question in 75 words or more.
8. In the video Valdez speaks to the idea of defining yourself with a purpose: to serve an idea. What purpose does the label or title neo-Mayan spiritualist mean to him? Why did he define himself in this way?